Terms and Policies
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911.
Information About the Site; Copyright
The Site is operated by Gaya Wellness, PLL and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Gaya Wellness” or “we” or “us”). The Site and information contained on the Site is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You may not create modified versions of the content of the Site, or copy the Site, without Our prior written permission. You may not use information from the Site for commercial purposes without permission.
This Site provides educational materials related to Your health care journey and allows You to schedule appointments and communicate with Gaya Wellness. Gaya Wellness is the provider of access to the Site. The purpose of this Site is to provide support to Gaya Wellness patients throughout their care with Gaya Wellness providers. We provide fully integrated health care for patients, including nutrition, mental health and wellness, and gynecological care, as well as classes and events. This Site may be used to communicate with Your Gaya Wellness care team during regular business hours, schedule appointments.
Any protected health information You share is protected by and subject to Our HIPAA Policy
Not Medical Advice
The Site is not intended to provide medical advice. The information on this Site is for educational purposes only. The Site has been developed using care and in accordance with existing best practices for care coordination services to help You manage Your healthcare. Always seek the advice of Your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions You may have regarding a medical condition.
We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, health care providers, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site or by any other electronic means. The information provided through this Site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient and a patient’s health care provider. Reliance on any general education information provided by Gaya Wellness through the Site is solely at Your own risk. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something You have read or seen on the Site. If You have any questions about Your medicines or treatment, Your care, or Your health conditions, consult Your doctor.
You understand that email communication can be intercepted by, or transmitted to, unintended third parties. You expressly agree to hold Gaya Wellness harmless for any damages associated with any breach of Your email or erroneous transmission. Disclaimer; No Warranty; No Liability
The content provided by and made available on the Site is for general information purposes only and is in no way intended to be a substitute for medical consultation with a qualified professional. We strongly encourage internet users to be careful when using medical information from the Site. If You are unsure about Your medical condition, consult a physician. Although We carefully review Our content, Gaya Wellness cannot guarantee or take responsibility for the medical accuracy of the content We provide, nor can We accept any liability for the content of information that is available through the Site.
While We attempt to keep the Site updated, neither We nor any employee or contractor warrants the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published on the Site or any website that links to or is linked from Our Site. Neither Gaya Wellness, any subsidiary or affiliate, nor any employee, owner, director, trustee, employee, or contractor shall be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained using this Site does so at his or her own risk. While We exert reasonable efforts to maintain the privacy and security of all information that is accessible, or accessed, through the Site, all Users acknowledge that electronic information is susceptible to unauthorized access, and that such information may be used, disclosed, modified or corrupted without authorization or unintentionally.
All information contained on, or accessible through, this website is provided to You on an “as is” basis. Gaya Wellness does not warrant that it is accurate, complete, current, or reliable. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Gaya Wellness disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise. We disclaim all liability related to Your use of the Site, or Your inability to use the Site.
Each User shall be responsible for any loss, damage, claim, charge, demand, liability, loss or expense arising from or related to the use or failure to use the Site by such User, including costs related to introduction of viruses or other malware or a breach of privacy or security of the Site.
You agree that the Site, or any component of the Site will NOT be used:
Intellectual Property Rights, Content
You may be able to upload certain information or content onto the Site. By uploading information onto the Site, You certify that You have the right to upload the information. Information uploaded onto the Site is not confidential, and You grant to Us an unlimited, perpetual, royalty free, fully paid-up, worldwide license to use that information for any purpose, in any format or media. We have the right to disclose Your identity and location to any third party who claims that any material uploaded or posted by You infringes any intellectual property right, or breaches any confidentiality or privacy right, or to other third parties as otherwise permitted or required by law. We are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of any content posted by You or any other user of the Site. We have the right to remove any content or information posted on the Site at any time.
Any content or information posted on the Site by a user must:
Digital Millennium Copyright Notice
Gaya Wellness respects the rights of all copyright holders. If You believe Your copyright has been infringed, You may notify Gaya Wellness in emailing us at: email@example.com
To be effective, Your notice must include substantially the following, as provided for under the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3):
Gaya Wellness has adopted and reasonably implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders that are repeat infringers.
Permitted Uses of the Site
The Site may be used only for lawful purposes. The Site may not be used:
Linking and Framing
You may place a link from the Site’s home page on another website, in a fair and legal manner, so long as the link does not adversely affect the reputation of Gaya Wellness or the Site. The link may not suggest any endorsement or approval of the other website by Gaya Wellness. You may not link to another page on the Site. You may not frame the Site on any other website.
Links to Other Websites
Enforcement of Terms
If any of the provisions of these Terms are held to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions will be unimpaired, and the unenforceable provision will be automatically replaced by an enforceable term or provision that comes as close as possible to the intention underlying the unenforceable term or provision. These Terms are subject to and do not alter any other agreements You have entered into with Gaya Wellness. We have the right to determine whether there has been a violation of these Terms. If We determine the Terms have been violated, We have the right to determine the action that will be taken. The action to be taken may include (but not be limited to):
We will not be liable for any damages which You may suffer as a result of the foregoing actions.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
We have the right to change, amend and modify the Terms at any time. We will post the revised Terms on the Site, with a changed “Last Revised” date. You are expected to check this page from time to time for changes to the Terms, as they are binding on You. If You have questions, We can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Gaya Wellness, PLLC
PO Box 77816
Winter Garden, FL 34777
Telehealth/Telemedicine is the delivery of healthcare services when the healthcare provider and the patient (the “Patient”) are not in the same physical location and communicate through technology. You can talk to Dr. Patel by phone, computer or tablet. But, in order for your telemedicine consult to be reimbursable by your insurance or third-party payors, we will need to use a video device or feed and have a video connection in which Dr. Patel can observe you as the Patient. Electronically transmitted information may be used for diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, prescription, or education and may include medical records, medical images, interactive audio, video and/or data communications, and output data from medical devices, sound and video files. By executing this Consent Form, the Patient is acknowledging and agreeing that the Patient understands and consents to the following with respect to telemedicine offered by Shweta Patel, M.D., and GAYA WELLNESS, PLLC (collectively the “Service Provider”):
8. The Patient understands that a patient must be physically located in the State of Florida during his or her telemedicine consultation(s) and represents that the Patient is located in the State of Florida during the entirety of each telemedicine visit. The Patient understands that if he or she is not physically located in the State of Florida, the Practice may decline to treat him or her via telemedicine. The Patient understands that the Patient must be a NEW patient and have not ever received any medical services by or were under the care of , directly or indirectly, the Service Provider or its Representatives prior to the signing of this Consent Form. The Patient understands that if they have already received medical services by or were under the care of, directly or indirectly, Dr. Shweta Patel or at or through Physician Associates, LLC or Orlando Health Medical Group, Inc., during the period from 4/15/2019-3/2/2022, the Patient must be physically located outside a 10-mile radius of the following address: 17000 Porter Road, Winter Garden FL 34787, during his, her, or their telemedicine consultation(s) . The Patient further attests that by signing this Consent Form, the Patient is either a NEW patient or is physically located outside of a 10-mile radius of the following address: 17000 Porter Road, Winter Garden FL 34787 during the entirety of each telemedicine visit. The Patient understands that if he or she or they are physically located in the within the 10-mile radius of 17000 Porter Rd, Winter Garden FL 34787, and have received medical services by or were under the care of, directly or indirectly, Dr. Shweta Patel or at or through Physician Associates, LLC or Orlando Health Medical Group, Inc., during the period from 4/15/2019-3/2/2022, the Service Provider and its representatives may decline to treat him or her or them via telemedicine consultation(s).
9. The Patient understands that the Service Provider and its representatives are located in the State of Florida and are licensed to provide telemedicine services only within the State of Florida. The laws of the State of Florida will govern any potential disputes, and the Patient consents to jurisdiction in the State of Florida for any such disputes.
10. The Patient has been advised of all the potential risks, consequences and benefits of telemedicine. The Service Provider has discussed with him or her or them, information provided above and the Patient has had the opportunity to ask questions about the information presented on this form. All the Patient’s questions have been answered, and he or she or they understand(s) the information.
Request for Treatment:
I have read this form in its entirety. It has been explained to me. I have had the opportunity to ask questions and have all my questions answered. I fully understand the above information and have no further questions. By signing this form, I voluntarily give my consent for treatment and agree to the risks.
Welcome to Gaya Wellness. We value your privacy and are committed to providing a spam-free experience for our users. This Spam Policy outlines our guidelines for sending emails and text messages to ensure that our communication is respectful, relevant, and compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
1. Consent-Based Communication
We only send emails and text messages to individuals who have provided their explicit consent to receive communications from Gaya Wellness. Consent can be obtained through opt-in forms on our website, mobile app, or other communication channels. We respect your decision to unsubscribe at any time, and every message we send includes an option to opt-out.
2. Compliance with Anti-Spam Laws
We comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to email and text messaging, including the CAN-SPAM Act, GDPR, and CASL. Our communications include accurate sender information, subject lines, and opt-out mechanisms, as required by these laws.
3. Clear and Honest Communication
Our messages are clear and honest, providing accurate information about our products, services, and promotions. We do not use deceptive tactics, false claims, or misleading subject lines to attract attention.
4. Frequency and Relevance
We strive to send emails and text messages that are relevant and valuable to our recipients. We monitor the frequency of our communications to avoid excessive messaging and ensure that our content remains meaningful.
5. Data Protection
6. Third-Party Partners
In some cases, we may work with third-party partners to send emails or text messages on our behalf. These partners are required to adhere to the same spam policy and data protection standards as outlined here.
7. Reporting Spam
If you believe you have received a spam email or text message from Gaya Wellness, please report it to our customer support team immediately. We will investigate and take appropriate action to prevent future occurrences.
8. Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Spam Policy or how we handle your data, please contact us at:
PO BOX 770816, Winter Garden FL 34777
9. Policy Updates
We may update this Spam Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or legal requirements. Updates will be posted on our website, and the effective date will be modified accordingly.
By interacting with Gaya Wellness through email or text messaging, you agree to abide by this Spam Policy. We appreciate your trust and strive to provide you with a positive communication experience.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Gaya Wellness PLLC is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers’ data. To that end, we operate in compliance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), as amended by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (“HITECH”) and implementing regulations.
This Notice of Privacy Practices describes the practices that we will follow with respect to the privacy of the health information of users of this site and our mobile applications and related services (“Services”).
What Health Information We Collect
In providing our Services, some of the information we collect may constitute protected health information (“PHI”) under HIPAA. PHI is personal (individually identifiable) information about you that relates to (a) your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, (b) the provision of health care to you, or (c) your past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care, which is created, received, transmitted or maintained by Gaya Wellness. This Notice of Privacy Practices describes how we protect the privacy of your protected health information as a user of our Services. As a provider of health services, Gaya Wellness has certain obligations under HIPAA for maintaining the privacy and security of your PHI collected while performing our Services.
What Information We Disclose
When you use our Services, Gaya Wellness may use and disclose your PHI for the purposes described below. These uses and disclosures do not require your prior authorization. You may revoke your authorization for us to use or share your health information at any time, except for uses or disclosures we have already made. Gaya Wellness may use and disclose your health information for the following purposes:
We can use and share your health information with healthcare professionals to treat you. For example, we can disclose your information to another healthcare provider to personalize your experience.
We may use and share your health information to obtain payment for our services. For example, we may disclose your PHI to your health plan to determine whether you are enrolled with the payer or eligible for health benefits or to get payment for our services.
Health Care Operations:
We may use and share your health information for our operations related to health care.
From time to time, we work with other companies and individuals who help us deliver our services, known as “business associates.” These entities are required to keep any PHI confidential and store it securely.
De-identifiable and Aggregated Data:
We may use and disclose your PHI in a de-identifiable and aggregated manner to analyze our users’ experiences and help improve our services.
We can use or share your information for health research as authorized by law.
As Required by Law:
We may use or disclose your PHI if state or federal laws require it.
Public Health and Safety:
We may use and disclose your PHI to prevent or minimize a serious threat to your health and safety or that of another person. We may also disclose PHI to those assisting in disaster relief efforts so that others can be notified about your condition, status and location.
Law Enforcement Activities:
We may also provide PHI to law enforcement officials, for example, in response to a warrant, investigative demand or similar legal process, or for officials to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person. We may also disclose PHI to appropriate agencies if we reasonably believe an individual to be a victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
We may disclose PHI to respond to a court or administrative order, or in response to a warrant, investigation demand or other legal process.
We may also use and disclose your PHI for other purposes as permitted by HIPAA.
Note Regarding State Law
Where state law is more restrictive of disclosure than federal law, we are required to follow the more restrictive state law.
As a user of Gaya Wellness services, you have rights with respect to your health information:
• Right to Inspect and Obtain a copy of PHI: You have a right to inspect and obtain a copy of your protected health information we maintain.
• Right to Request Restrictions: You may request that we limit what information we use or share. We will notify you within 60 days whether we can agree to your request. If you pay for a service or health care item out of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer. We will say “yes” unless a law requires us to share.
• Right to Request Alternative Means of Confidential Communication: You have the right to request that copies of your medical information be provided by alternative means.
• Right to Request Corrections: You have a right to request that we correct your protected health information that you think is incorrect or incomplete.
• Right to Receive an Accounting of Disclosures: You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with, and why. We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, and health care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). We’ll provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.
• Right to Obtain a Paper Copy of this Notice: You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this notice upon request at the address below.
• Right to File a Complaint: You may file a complaint with us if you believe your Privacy Rights have been violated. To file a complaint, or to ask any questions about this Notice of Privacy Practices, send an email to us at email@example.com, or write to us at the following address: POBox 77816 Winter Garden Fl 34777.
• You also have the right to file a complaint with the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. We will not retaliate against any individual for filing a complaint. Our Responsibilities• We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
• We will not use or disclose your PHI for marketing purposes or to sell your PHI, unless you have agreed to this use or disclosure.
• We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
• We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
• We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
From time to time, we may change this privacy statement, which is applicable to all PHI we maintain about you. For example, as we update and improve our services, new features may require modifications to the privacy statement. The new notice will be available on our website. Accordingly, please check back periodically.
Your appointment time is reserved just for you. A late cancellation or missed visit leaves a hole in the therapists’ day that could have been filled by another patient. As such, we require 24 hours notice for any cancellations or changes to your appointment. Patients who provide less than 24 hours notice, or miss their appointment, will be charged a cancellation fee to the card on file.